In a recent decision, in the case of Joe Herring, ex Avon and Somerset Constabulary, the Information Commissioner confirmed the retiree should have returned to him, his historical medical records.

Should any of our members wish to have their historical records returned from NIPB,DOJNI or PSNI then a written application should be submitted, requesting return.


Individual retired officers can also submit a SUBJECT ACCESS REPORT (SAR) under the data protection act, seeking a copy of ALL information, held by these organisations.  To include both written and electronic documentation.

In the recent past, some retirees have submitted applications seeking copies of personal files